Monday, September 29, 2008

RSS feeds

I've had an RSS feed through Newsgator for over a year now, maybe two years. RSS feeds are as addicting as anything could be for me. I want to know it all and it's probably the strongest reason I got into this field of work so many years ago. I read and read and read, and before you know it the hours are passing and I'm not getting any work done. Reports may not be written, timecards not filled out, emails not responded to, etc. I feel that CML thinks they pay me for a purpose, and while some information gathering and technology exploration is a good thing, there comes a point when my paycheck stops because nothing else is getting done. And then I'm out the door trying to figure out how to pay for a mortgage, car, and save for a child's college tuition on nothing but my good looks and winning personality; ie: zilch.

I tried playing around with Bloglines, but I like Newsgator better for now, perhaps just personal choice and because I can navigate around it without thinking too much. I can spend my time on chasing down just one more piece of news...

No comments: